Friday 29 April 2011

Happiness is...


I was told today by Farmer Owen that I seem happier now than when I first arrived here and all I could say was 'Yes, I am'. Actually, I am happier right now than I have been in quite some time. I am having trouble wiping the smile off my face.

It has been raining on and off all week (April showers are living up to their name) and I've been working in gumboots, on my knees in the mud, even in the rain and I couldn't be happier. I think I have been cooped up in front of a computer, in a windowless office for way too much time and there is nothing like a good dose of muddy earth, clear skies and fresh air to cleanse your mind, body and spirit. 

Thursday was an exception to the rain-on-and-off-all-day weather. It started out with showers but by lunch time it had cleared and it turned out to be a magnificent afternoon. The Peepers (the tiny frogs in the gully) were peeping, the Woodpeckers were pecking and the little Chipmunk was out picking at the food falling out of the bird feeder. There was only one way to enjoy this: build a fire, grab some beer and get out the musical instruments.



All Photos Above © Noeleen Warman

No comments:

Post a Comment